Raleigh Street Hockey League has an annual Iron Man tournament at the beginning of the year. This is a great tournament to get some friends and put together a team. There are multiple levels of play and a guaranteed amount of games. All players are encouraged to create or join a team. The rules of Iron Man are simple. The tournament follows the same RSHL rules with only a few exceptions:
-Games are 10 minutes long.
-Clock is non stop.
-Only 5 players and a goalie per team. NO SUBS.
-Icing is in effect.
-Every penalty is a penalty shot.
-Delay of games are quickly enforced.
-With the exception of goalies, players can only play in one division (new for 2013)
Game Play Rules:
- There is only one faceoff and that is to start the game
- After goals, the team that was scored on gets the ball in one of the corners behind the goal line and has 3 seconds to pass before pressure can be put on by the other team, if you run with the ball the other team can pressure immediately
- After penalty shots, the ref will give both teams 5 seconds to get back into position and then the defending team gets the ball in the corner behind the goal line and has 3 seconds before pressure can be put on by the other team, if you run with the ball the other team can pressure immediately
- After Icing, the non-offending team gets the ball just on the offensive side of center court and has 3 seconds to shoot or pass the ball until pressure can be put on by the other team, if you run with the ball the other team can pressure immediately
- If a player hits the ball out of play the opposing team gets the ball where it went out and has the same 3 second rule
- Icing line is the defensive top of the face off circles
- All penalties are penalty shots
- RSHL or Ice hockey penalties are in effect
- High sticking will be called if a player attempts to make a play on the ball above the shoulder. If a player is calling for the ball this will not be called a penalty.
- The game is 12 minutes running clock, only injuries or ref discussions stop the clock
- OT: Only playoff games will have over time. 5 minute sudden death OT followed by shootout. Each team will have 3 shootout chances to begin. Teams have the option of using one or more players in any order they choose during the shootout. In the case of a continued draw each subsequent shooter is sudden death.
Win = 10 + goal differential
Tie = 5
Shut out = 2
All games have referees. Last team standing wins. If you would like to play but do not have a team, or just have a question contact
Individual and Team sign up email me the roster to
Sign up by TBD . NO LATER!
Cost is $180 per team ($30 per player).
Start putting your teams together!
We will hopefully have enough teams for A,B, and C divisions.